7459 Monterey Street, Suite A       Gilroy, CA 95020-5878
Robbins, Strunk & Cramer
Slide background
Slide background
Slide background

Do I Have A Case?

With over 20 years experience representing injured workers, we realize that navigating the workers' compensation process can often feel confusing, intimidating and emotionally overwhelming. At Robbins, Strunk & Cramer, we work with our clients by providing exceptional legal representation and outstanding...

Learn More

Frequently Asked Questions

Workers' compensation is an insurance-based program run by the state that covers employees from the first minute of their employment for on-the-job injuries, which can range from the minor to the extremely serious, including death. The law requires the employer to pay workers' compensation...

Learn More

Client Testimonials

We agreed, and they took the case. They were persistent in getting the insurance company to pay attention to my concerns and responding to my physical pain. After much hard work on their part, I was then able to get medical attention started. When the insurance companies dragged their own feet...

Learn More

What do I do if I am Injured at Work?

Employers are supposed to provide a safe environment for their employees. However, sometimes the opposite is the case when dangerous areas pose injury risks. Whether inside or outside the premises, the absence of safeguards can serve as proof that injury incidents are likely to occur.

Contact Human Resources

If you have been injured at work and now you’re faced with a short-term or long-term disability, the first step you need to take is to contact your Human Resources department. You need to inform the HR Representative who handles disability claims and FMLAs about your situation. You will need to complete the appropriate paperwork to request time-off if your doctor has recommended recovery time. If your time-off request and disability coverage has been approved, you will receive notification from your employer.

Seek Legal if Your Claim is Denied

If you’ve submitted the proper documentation to your employer in a timely manner and your claim is denied, you can seek legal assistance regarding applying for workers’ compensation. A workers’ compensation lawyer is familiar with the strategies that some employers and insurance companies use to reduce or deny benefits for employees who have been injured at work.

Follow Through with Your Medical Recovery Plan

While your lawyer is working diligently to resolve your case, it is important that you follow up with your medical care and medication regime. The information documented in your records will verify your injury progress and indicate the length of time it will take for you to recover, or if the condition will worsen.

Worker Compensation Benefits

Workers’ compensation provides payment for lost wages and medical care. This type of insurance can help reduce the out-of-pocket expenses that you may be responsible for if your disability claim is denied. Workers compensation has been established to protect employees who have been injured at work from discrimination.

When employers fail to protect their workforce according to federal safety regulations, they can be held responsible. When you’ve followed the guidelines you were instructed to regarding your injury claim and your request has been denied, you don’t have to settle for denial. The workers’ compensation lawyers at Robbins, Strunk & Cramer may be able to help you get approved. Contact a lawyer today for assistance.

contact us


Google Analytics Alternative