7459 Monterey Street, Suite A       Gilroy, CA 95020-5878
Robbins, Strunk & Cramer
Slide background
Slide background
Slide background

Do I Have A Case?

With over 20 years experience representing injured workers, we realize that navigating the workers' compensation process can often feel confusing, intimidating and emotionally overwhelming. At Robbins, Strunk & Cramer, we work with our clients by providing exceptional legal representation and outstanding...

Learn More

Frequently Asked Questions

Workers' compensation is an insurance-based program run by the state that covers employees from the first minute of their employment for on-the-job injuries, which can range from the minor to the extremely serious, including death. The law requires the employer to pay workers' compensation...

Learn More

Client Testimonials

We agreed, and they took the case. They were persistent in getting the insurance company to pay attention to my concerns and responding to my physical pain. After much hard work on their part, I was then able to get medical attention started. When the insurance companies dragged their own feet...

Learn More

California Workers’ Compensation Medical Mileage Rate Increased for 2015

The Internal Revenue Service increased the standard mileage rate for business miles by 1.5 cents to 57.5 cents per mile. This became effective as of January 1, 2015. The California Workers’ Compensation Institute explains that this means the mileage rate for workers’ compensation will go up. Those injured workers who have to travel for medical-related treatment or to evaluate their injures must now be compensated to 57.5 cents per mile. The previous rate was 56 cents per mile, and that rate should be applied for 2014 travel.

California law requires that administrators reimburse injured workers for travel expenses, and the rate or reimbursement is directly tied to the IRS business rate. This reimbursement applies to travel to pharmacies, doctors, etc. Expenses related to parking, tolls, and public transportation are all expenses that can be reimbursed as well. Travel costs are generally paid within 60 days of submitting a claim for them.

For more information about what types of expenses can be reimbursed for work-related injuries, contact an experienced workers’ compensation attorney. The attorneys at Robbins & Struck are happy to help you if you have been injured on the job. Call 408-848-1113 for a free consultation.

Source: http://www.dir.ca.gov/dwc/I&A_mileageForm.pdf

contact us


Google Analytics Alternative